Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pinterest Project #17 Candy Chicken

The next of my culinary adventures...credit to Beth's Favorite Recipes and Pinterest!

I made this today and it was soooooo good! My husband went nuts for it and my daughter gobbled it up over rice.

The recipe is as follows: 
I modified a bit and used a little less vinegar...

Place in crock pot in the following order:

10-12 5oz chicken portions (I used boneless, skinless and frozen)

I used 2 small packages of chicken legs and thighs bone in...but original recipe was used with boneless/skinless
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
5 cloves smashed garlic
4 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
 3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup lemon/lime soda

Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours

Serve chicken over steamed rice and ladle the sauce over the top.  Added Green Onion as well...delicious and you will not be disappointed!

No comments: