Monday, December 10, 2012

Memories....

This painting was inspired by my Mom.
One year when I was just a teenager...Wow..many moons ago..
We went to the food store to do some shopping
She drove a red beat up old volkswagon bug...
Anyway..we were shopping and it was in December..getting close to Christmas
We finished shopping and went outside to unload the groceries..and it was snowing!
They had Live Trees for sale outside of the food store..and Mom decided we should get one...
Right then and there! That was it..no talking her out of it...
It must have been the snow falling and the smell of the pine...
Of course I was thrilled...we had never had a real tree..always artificial.
OMG...it was hysterical...strapping that tree to the top of her bug..and driving on home!
It is a memory I will never forget..and I know my Mom will not either..we still laugh about it today...
25 years later...I mean 10 years later...hmmm hmmm...
 
 

No comments: