Saturday, June 7, 2014

Nonna,s Macaroni Salad

After experimenting  and changing up MANY different macaroni salad recipes I finally have a keeper.
As a child I remember loving my grandmothers macaroni salad.
When I got married and started cooking for my own family I tried many different versions of my grandmother's macaroni salad until I got it just perfect!

Make the night before serving for best results..salad needs time to all come together.



Here is the recipe for you..

1 box elbow macaroni
1/2 cup diced  onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
4 hard boiled eggs diced up
1/4-1/2 cup chopped dill pickles

While boiling the macaroni dice all of your veggies

Boil macaroni in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
I like mine al dente
After you drain and rinse macaroni let it sit in the strainer to dry a bit.

In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the dressing

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain whole yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all together..sprinkle liberally with Paprika salt and pepper.

No comments: