Monday, May 19, 2014

Old Fashioned Country Gravy Recipe from a dear Friend

My friend Kylee was kind enough to share this recipe with me tonight.


Old Fashioned Biscuits and Gravy...
Looks delicious and I can't wait to try the recipe myself.

Thank you Kylee for sharing.






1 lb of Bacon
2 Heaping Tablespoons of Flour
2 to 3 Cups of Milk (depending on how thick you like it)
Salt and Pepper


Fry your bacon until crispy.
Remove to paper towel to drain.
Turn bacon grease to medium heat and add 2 Heaping Tbsp of Flour
Stir until combined, browned a bit and the flour is cooked out
Add your milk..
Start by adding a small amount at first..a couple tablespoons and gradually work up to 1/4 cup at a time.
Keep stirring.
Once the bubbles start..the gravy is thickening...turn down your heat!


Cook and stir until desired consistency is achieved.
Add salt and pepper to your taste.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting my recipe, Jo! Hope you try it soon and enjoy it as much as I do! Hehe! Love you! :)