Monday, December 17, 2012

Just call me sparky Pinterest Project #8

Before I went to bed last night all I could think about was how perfect tomorrow would be.
Emm and I would decorate cookies....Gingerbread Men to be exact...
Ohhhh the Christmas music would be playing and the tree lights on...
Daddy would be home soon and we would be simply having a blast decorating these lovely
gingerbread cookies that I baked from scratch...

The recipe is HERE and of course I found it on Pinterest...from Martha...so refined..unlike mine.

I made mine fatter and jollier and more like Gingerbread men...

Anyway...my Gingerbread Look STRESSED...as did I after taking them out of the fridge and rolling, rolling, rolling them out.
I understand now why they make PRE-MADE cookie dough!!!!!

Emm would not sit still and insisted on pouring water all over herself and everything in her path..
She is learning to drink from a BIG GIRL CUP...Oh really...yes...fun fun...
I am thinking 19 months might be a little bit young for this adventure...

We will try again next year and I will still build everything up in my mind of how it should be...
like Clark Griswold.
Christmas Vacation is my favorite movie...
I also loved the Brady Bunch and I Love Martha Stewart...and all things nicey nice and perfect...
But I bet my best memory is from today...as stressed and crazy as it was...I would not trade it for a million bucks.
Mind you I have had a glass of wine at this point and my little one is sleeping...carry on...

Check out my lovely Gingerbread men please...and by all means...try this recipe..tastes great.




No comments: