I was so excited to see this home made play dough on Pinterest.
The greatest thing about Pinterest is that you get to see so many different blogs/websites that you normally would never have the time to research!
I looked up play dough today and came across this pin/link.....The Imagination Tree
This is sooo cool. I decided to make some today for Emmeline.
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- up to 2 cups boiling water
- food colouring (optional)
- few drops glycerine (optional- adds more shine!)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add the boiling water
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Add the food colouring and glycerine (both optional)
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it's the perfect consistency!*
- (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right)
Here We Go...
Coming Together Now
Add Food Coloring...RED
MIX MIX MIX
KNEAD KNEAD KNEAD
SOFT AS PLAY-DOUGH
LOOK AT THE FOCUS...WOWSER!
THIS WAS A WIN WIN SITUATION!!!